Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More Pictures!

Here's some more pictures for everyone!

When we went to Florence we didn't get a direct flight there. Instead we flew from New York to Zurich, Switzerland and then took another plane from Zurich to Florence. Switching planes like that after a long, tiring flight seemed like a hassle at first, but I'm glad we did. The second flight took us right over the Alps at an altitude that gave us some impressive sights and I was lucky enough to be assigned a window seat that allowed me to see all of them—and take some great pictures too! Here's one picture I took from my plane seat:



The second picture is from Venice, one of my favorite places in Italy. While in the city, myself and the other students were able to take a water taxi from one area to another that allowed us to see a lot of Venice, but it was the gondola ride that really allowed us to see Venice. The gondolas can often go places that the larger water taxis can't, allowing one to see many of the smaller waterways and quieter areas of the city. This photo is from my gondola ride:

No comments: