Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Duomo

The Duomo is a point in Florence that many recognize, and it's also a point that is fairly easy to get to and helps when you're trying to find other places in Florence.

Today I got to go inside the Duomo and it was really an amazing sight! It puts many of the cathedrals back in New York to shame.

Much of the group decided to climb the stairs to the top of the dome, but I opted to instead visit the Baptistry, and I was glad that I made that choice (I believe I will go to the top of the dome eventually, I still have a lot of time here in Florence!), I got to see some wonderful artwork on the Baptistry ceiling from the 1100s. I think I must have looked at that ceiling for 10 minutes straight at one point!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)