Saturday, May 31, 2008

Venice!

After some fumbling with the train schedule, myself and a few other girls managed to make to to Venice for the day. The hassel and confusion were totally worth it though!

When we first arrived, we immediately took a water taxi to the Murano glass factory. For those of you who don't know, the factory is on its own island so that the rest of Venice wouldn't have gone up in flames back in the day.

On the island, we got to see some of the most beautiful glass that I've ever seen, and we were also able to see how the glass was made. That was a great experience, and it was simply breathtaking at how someone could mold such beauty out of what used to be a glob of molten glass.

After the factory, we took a gondola ride, which I'm sure was the highlight of our trip to Venice. We were really able to see the beauty of the city during the gondola ride, and I took a lot of pictures(over 300) of the city. Hopefully I will be able to upload them soon.

I think that so far Venice was the highlight of my trip. I just got back from the city and I already want to return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Venice!

I'm going to be a sophomore next semester, and saw your blog on the LGS page. Murano glass is beautiful.

Did you buy any venetian masks?

Nicole said...

No, they were a little expensive =) but I did buy a beautiful glass ornament for my family. I always regretted not getting any glass last time I was in Venice, so I'm glad I got some now.


Thanks for reading! Hopefully I'll see you around some LGS stuff next semester!