Friday, June 6, 2008

Only a few days left!

The class is winding down now, and it's really hard to believe it. We only have four full days left here in Italy (that's counting today, so maybe it's really three!) since we're flying out on the morning of the 10th.

Everyone here is enjoying the time we have left here in different ways. There's plenty of places to go in Italy by train (and it really doesn't take that long to get there), and it surprised many of us planning to go to Rome tomorrow that it only takes an hour and a half to get there. It should be a lot of fun to visit a city like Rome which is rich in history and full of places to see.

The past two days have been great, with the Uffizi being my favorite stop on the 4th. We were able to view many famous paintings, which included The Birth of Venus by Boticelli--one of my favorites.

Yesterday we went to our tour guide's house for dinner, and we all had a great time! She lives on top of a hill that gives a great view of the beautiful Tuscan landscape. Not only was the view wonderful, but the food was great too! I thanked her family each moment that I had a chance to--they were very hospitable and kind to our group.

I'm a bit sad that my time in Italy is drawing to a close. Sure, it'll be nice to see everyone back home again, but I just wish I had more time here to go around and explore the rest of Italy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.