Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Where does the time go?

Only a week left here in Florence. I’m wondering when it went by so quickly. It’ll be nice to see my family and friends (although I may be weary from a long day of travel, so I’m not sure how happy I’ll appear), but on the other hand, I’ll be sad to leave Italy.

It seemes like my weekend plans are finalized and I should definitely be going to Rome. I’m sure I’ll have some great stories to tell about Italy’s capital and all of its rich history.

Italy itself has a rich history, and I find myself eager to learn about every part of it (I should, it’s my major!). A lot of the structures and artworks here are just mind-boggling to Americans due to the fact that we really don’t have the equivalent here. There really aren’t 600, 700, or even 1000 year old structures in America, but they certainly aren’t in short supply in Italy.

No comments: